Calories: 210 % Daily Value Ideal for: Health conscious people who want to snack on nutritious baked goods that are not fattening.
Hello cuddly bear!
We’ve got another yummy recipe for you! This time, it’s all about the perfect merge between colorful carrots and nutty walnuts in the form of muffins.
These tasty goodies are very easy to prepare, ideal for breakfast or mid-morning accompanied with coffee.
They can be kept for up to 5 days which is great for days when you want to nibble on a healthy snack.
Let’s get baking!
2 cups of wheat flour (all-purpose)
1 cup of butter at room temperature
25 g. sweetener or 1 ¾ cup of sugar
4 large eggs
3 cups grated carrot
⅓ cup of nuts
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons of baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup of milk
- In a medium bowl, mix with a spoon the solid ingredients: flour, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Put the butter at room temperature in a large bowl and mix with the blender for at least 5 minutes.The butter should be soft and with a lighter yellow color. Add little by little the sugar or sweetener and beat for another 5 minutes.
- Then put the eggs, one by one, the milk and the flour mixture little by little in the large bowl.
- When you obtain a homogeneous mixture, add the walnuts and the grated carrot in a wrapper form to avoid extracting the air to the preparation.
- Place the previous preparation distributed in 15 rolls, fill up to three quarters and bake muffins at 180 °C for about 25 minutes or until a stick comes out clean.
Calories: 210 % Daily Value
Total Fat 14.6g 19%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Cholesterol 78mg 26%
Sodium 58mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 18g 7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2g 8%
Total Sugars 1.7g
Vitamin D 4mcg 22%
Calcium 112mg 9%
Iron 1mg 7%
Potassium 315mg 7%